Not all of us have the time, or skill, to create some of the amazing looks we see online, so we have put together an easy Halloween makeup tutorial for you. Whether you’re off with friends for a night out in fancy dress, or you feel like joining the kids in their Trick-or-Treat costumes, this look is perfect.
Easy Halloween Makeup Tutorial
Let’s take a look at how you can re-create this day of the dead skeleton look using your favourite glo minerals products.
- This is a key step if your really want your final look to have staying power to make it through the night. Apply a primer all over your face, this will give you a smooth, flawless base for the rest of your makeup.
- Next up is your foundation. For this look we like to use Protective Liquid Foundation as it provides good full coverage. But, the choice is yours, any of our foundations will work perfectly.
- Let’s start with the skeleton side of the face first. Using a Precision Eye Pencil in Black, create the line from the mouth outwards towards the back of the cheek/jawline. Then draw the vertical lines to create the teeth. Next up draw just the outlines for the nose and eye socket.
- Fill in the outlines you have created on the nose and eye with our Cream Stay Shadow Stick in Pitch. So the edges aren’t so harsh, blend them out with a small dense brush like our Crease Brush.
- Now onto the other side of your face. Start with your brow, follow our steps to perfect brows here.
- Sweep Cream Stay Shadow Stick in Beam all over the eyelid, then add a small cat flick using our Graphic Liner in Black. Finish the eyes with lashings of mascara
- Give your face some definition using our Contour Kit to sculpt and highlight your features. More contouring tips here.
- Add some colour to your look by applying a bold, bright lip shade. Our favourite pick is the Suede Matte Crayon in Bombshell.
- To finish off your look and really give it extra staying power, set your makeup! Check out our guide to long-lasting makeup.
More Halloween Makeup Inspiration
If you do find yourself with some more time on your hands, or you’re feeling particularly skilled or creative, maybe try re-creating one of these amazing looks!